Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Dwayne The Rock Johnson's Story

It's been a while I published a post on this platform due to my recent tight schedules, but after coming across this story from Dwayne The Rock Johnson, I had to create time to share this here. It's really inspiring and I hope it inspires you. Below is his story as shared on Facebook on Easter Monday (yesterday).

"Cool story to share on Easter… After my workout I'm driving in my pick up and notice these kids in the rear view mirror screaming and running after my truck. Thought to myself, "Should I stop or keep driving?". I stopped. I hop out of my truck and this kid runs up to me, hugs the hell outta me and says its been his life's dream to meet me and tell me how much I've inspired him to...
fight cancer (Hodgkin's lymphoma) and hard core chemo and stem cell transplant treatments. He was a little teary eyed and said for months and months all he's wanted to do was find me and say this face to face. I told him what it meant to me to hear this story. I thanked him, hugged him (and his friends), took a few pics, got back in my truck and drove away. As I'm driving I start shaking my head (and tearing up) at how fragile life is and how amazing and cool the universe was to make this meeting between myself and this special kid Nick Miller come true. Let's always take a moment to count our blessings… cause there's always something to be grateful for. Happy Easter y'all - DJ". This received 3,245,715 likes and 142,001 shares as at the time of posting this.

#Quote: Let's always take a moment to count our blessings… cause there's always something to be grateful for. -  Dwayne The Rock Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment